**For the original recipe click on the link above**
1 box dried pasta
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 shallot, minced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
1 can no sodium diced tomatoes
1 can tomato sauce
1 proud large shrimp, already peeled and deveined
1. Cook the pasta according to the box. Make sure to add some salt to the boiling water!
2. In a large sauce pan or dutch oven, heat the oil and add the minced shallots and garlic. Let it brown- about one minute.
3. Add the Italian seasoning and mix with the garlic/shallot mixture.
4. Add the diced tomatoes and tomato sauce mix everything together and bring to a boil.
5. Reduce heat and let it simmer for about 10 minutes.
6. Add the shrimp to the marinara mixture and let them cook for 3 minutes or until they are bright pink on the outside.
7. Serve the marinara over the pasta and sprinkle with fresh Parmesan!
|My shrimp marinara- notice the chunks of fresh zucchini!|